Themed Murals

This was a lot of fun to do because of the team work involved. I designed the three wall decorations and had to get it up in around two weeks. My colleagues all enthusiastically got on board with contributing their art skills to make the wall bright and colorful!

Term 1: Cultural theme: UAE. I got a little TOO enthusiastic about the design for this one - complete with a bedouin tent and a wind tower. Obviously that's not what we ended up with. My co-teachers cut up the cardboard base and I worked with them putting all the needed textures and covered the whole thing up with tissue paper and PVA glue.





Term 2: Ocean theme: Under the Sea. This would probably be my favorite since we had so little time to finish it (1 and 1/2 weeks) that everybody did some part in the mural. I took down the first decorations and covered the whole space with yellow chart paper. This first step was way harder than i thought but totally satisfying in the end. 








Term 3: Book theme: The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Why? Because our students adore this book. I had to get creative with our two circular windows and thought they could be used as giant holes in a giant book. I was just happy that it turned out well. Again, we had to clear the previous one and I needed a lot of help to cover that humungous submarine with white craft paper using wall paper glue. I don't envy the guys whose job it is to take these down to repaint the walls beneath.



And that's a whole school year done!

Comments

Popular Posts